For this Tuesday I will be listing my top ten things that make me instantly NOT want to read a book. If you want to learn more about top ten Tuesday, head over to The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Things that Make me Instantly NOT Want to Read a Book
10. Horror- I have never been into scaring myself to the point where I can’t sleep. I love a good thriller especially psychological ones but horrors go a bit too far for me because I get scared at the slightest things.
9. Short Stories- Once in awhile I’ll give a hyped up short story a read but overall I try to avoid them. I like to get invested in different worlds and characters and I find this hard to do in only a few pages of writing.
8. Classics- I know so many people live for classics and have read hundreds of them but I find it so hard to enjoy it. I have attempted numerous times to pick up books by authors such as the Bronte sisters but I find it incredibly hard to finish the novel and actually have fun while doing so.
7. Poetry- Trust me, I want to love poetry, I really do, but I just can’t do it. I don’t find it enjoying to try and determine what the author is trying to say and I’d much rather be reading a fantasy novel.
6. Motherhood- This is something that I don’t feel the need to read about. Maybe that’ll change once I’m at that point in my life my perspective will change but I do not enjoy reading about women in their middle age taking care of children.
5. Ebooks- I have so many issues with ebooks. I understand that they are cheaper a lot of the time and much easier to travel with but I prefer paper copies 100%. Ebooks bother my vision so much and there’s something about holding a paper book and flipping the pages that I adore.
4. Westerners- I have never liked reading about cowboys in the wild west no matter how modernized the author has made it. It is not enjoyable to me at all and I’d much rather not even attempt to read in that genre.
3. Self Help- There isn’t much to say about this genre of novels for me. I read because love to drown myself in new worlds and escape my own life for a bit and that’s not possible when reading books in genres that are designed to make me think about myself and my own life.
2. Autobiographies/Biographies- Reading about other people’s lives never entertained me at the slightest. I despise history and I feel that this genre is too close to my history classes. autobiographies tend to be too exaggerated and biographies can be straight up boring most of the time.
1. Zombies- I can’t find any enjoyment in zombie books and movies. I adore all other supernaturals like vampires and werewolves but zombies make no sense to me.
What are somethings that make you not want to read a book?
Thanks for Reading! -Catherine 🙂